Disasm & decompile
Malcat also embedds the Sleigh decompiler for x86 and x64.
Dealing with encrypted or encoded content? Just select the data and chose between dozens of decryption and decoding algorithms.
Strings are then weighted and sorted by score to give you the most pertinent results first.
Want to go fast? You can navigate through the analysis using numerous keyboard shortcuts.
Make it your own
You can create new file type parsers, decryption routines or add new anomalies with ease.
Get the software
- Malcat Lite is a free (as in free food) edition with some limitations
- Malcat is the full version of the tool, affordable for hobbyists
- Malcat Pro is targeted toward computer infosec professionals. It allows commercial use and comes with support
Paid version gives you access to unlimited use of the software on Linux and Windows plateforms, and access to product updates for one year. Licenses are user-locked and allow installation on up to 3 different machines. If you are not sure if the software can run on your configuration, please test with the free lite edition first.
|Malcat Lite||Malcat||Malcat Pro|
|Unlimited use + 1 year of updates||–|
|Updates renewal (1 year)||–||49€*||199€*|
|File format parsers
Inspect more than 40 binary file formats
Decrypt/decompress data in-place
|Signature scanner + editor
Scan for constants + yara signatures and edit Yara rules
|Strings and symbols
Powerful strings and symbols (FLIRT) identification
Explore archives and embedded files
Automate analysis or run scripts
Disassemble different CPU architectures
View source for x86/x64, AutoIT, MSI and Office
Compare binaries using Myers algorithm
Quickly identify suspicious files
Search local and online datasets
|Download||Buy for 49€||Buy for 199€|
*: Additional taxes may be added in some regions and are calculated automatically during checkout by our payment provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you purchase a license, you may run the software for an unlimited period of time. You only get updates for one year though. After this period of one year, you may still run the software, but won't be able to get new updates until you renew your license.
You don't have to renew the license every year though, you may chose to renew your license at the time of your choice (even long after the 1 year threshold) and you will always benefit of the low license renewal price (50%). We don't want to milk users every year. It's up to us to convince you that Malcat's improvements are worth it.
- Non-commercial usage: You are a network administrator at a commercial organization with discretionary budget and have been practicing CTF on your own time using work resources (approved by work). Your usage qualifies for non-commercial use as you are using Malcat purely for educational, non-commercial purposes.
- Commercial usage: You are a network administrator at a non-profit or government organization who regularly engages in malware analysis as a part of your job. You plan to use Malcat to analyze malware during paid work-hours. Your use is commercial.